Sweet potatoes are in season. We found this fun twist on a casserole that is low in calories, low carb, and can be vegan friendly -- or not.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
Pesto (Left) | Sweet Potato Rice (Right)
For the pesto:
- 2.5 cups basil leaves, packed
- 3 tbsp of pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (if you like it thicker, less olive oil)
- 5 cranks of the sea salt grinder
- 5 cranks of the peppercorn grinder
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
For the rest:
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet potato (350g), peeled, Blade C
- pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella (optional)
You can also add chicken, if you want.
For the full instructions on Inspiralized.com: http://goo.gl/3hp3QZ
About TMM Staff
A team of staff writers at The Mill Magazine work closely together to provide fresh content on topics we find interesting and hope you do, too.